February 25, 2015

Japanese street style

I have always been extremely inspired by the different styles of dress in Japan. I visited Japan years ago but I never got to really experience the many out of the box styles of Tokyo. It seems like everyone has their own style that they stick to, whether it be Lolita, Gyaru, Kogal, Fairy Kei, Harajuku or one of the many other types of styles. (http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/tokyo-fashion-field-identification-guide) These individuals are not afraid wear whatever they please no matter what, which is extremely inspiring. Although there are people in America that dress outside of the box, for the most part we are stuck in this society that glorifies the common nature of conforming to a specific style in order not to be judged.


I have also recently been interested in the "Lolita" style of dress which is very over-the-top and doll-like.


Everyone always asks me why I am so obsessed with the 80s, and it is virtually the same reason why I love Japanese style. In the 80s people dressed extremely colorful and vibrant, and weren't judged for it.  
Even if this isn't your style, I encourage you to dress the way that you feel, no matter what people say or how people look at you. There is always going to be someone that doesn't understand why you are the way you are. #DOYOU